伏虎寺 Fúhǔsì, Crouching Tiger Temple|
Fuhusi (Currently a nunnery)
Located at the foot of Emeishan at the confuence of the Yujia and Huxi streams. First built in Tang, formerly called the Shenlongtang Dragon Spirit Hall. Because in the vicinity tigers came and went, the monks built a temple to pacify the tigers and changed the name to Fuhusi. The temple is hidden in a pine forest, but the temple roofs never collect pine needles. Therefore the Qing Emperor Kangxi (1662-1723) named it the "Always Clean Garden".